Mechanical Design Engineer Job Vacancy.
Millitec are always open to applications from talented Mechanical Engineers, so if you fancy making a difference, here’s your chance to shine!
You are right for this job if you are excited by:
- Turning your ideas into reality
- Making unique, innovative products which break the status quo in the industry.
- Developing and growing your skills at lightning speed
- Elon Musk or Richard Feynman-like personality (having read Surely you are joking Mr. Feynman is a plus!)
- A great imagination and lots of ideas, some of which might sound bizarre
- The ability to manage your own destiny
- Excellent use of CAD software, ideally Solidworks
- The ability to produce design calculations and an understanding of mechanical design theory (e.g. engineering tolerances, types of gears)
- Knowledge of European technical and legislative standards
- Previous experience with automated machinery
- Knowledge of fabrication and machining processes (hands-on approach, ready to roll up your sleeves in the workshop)
- Experience with compiling easy-to-read BOMs and technical drawings
- See a better way to do it and not be afraid to defend it
- Monitor, manage and optimise your design process
- See and implement new features wherever incremental improvements or completely new ideas can be turned into reality
- Co-create the development roadmap as part of the design team
The benefits include:
- The opportunity to expand and grow skills
- 4 weeks paid holiday each year. Time off increases after ten years.
- Pension scheme
- Free pizza Friday every month
- Great tea and fresh, ground coffee facilities
- The best and latest toys, including a professional grade 3D printers and CNC machines
If you feel you are the perfect fit, we’d love to hear from you.
************** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **************