Millitec Food Systems are a leading innovator in automated food processing equipment and robotics.
We’re growing again!
People are loving our products and ideas and we need more talented passionate people to help us help them, we’d love to meet you and see how we can work together.
If you fancy making a difference, here’s your chance to shine!
If you would enjoy producing quality work in a fast-paced, interesting environment and thrive as part of a team that designs, manufactures and builds its own state-of-the-art machinery then Millitec wants to hear from you.
We need a PLC software engineer working with our team of mechanical and electrical designers, developing software for existing and new products. Suitable candidates will have a strong understanding of PLC programming both in Ladder and structure text, and also familiar with PLC hardware features.
The ideal candidate should also have a good understanding of mechanical and electronic components with an industrial engineering background and preferably a knowledge of other software languages – ideally C++/Python. We are looking for a candidate who can complement and enhance our in house skills in PLC programming, and who can start immediately, and work independently with as little management as possible.
· Develop PLC code from drawings or to a customer’s specification.
· Responsible for developing, testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting of PLC and HMI software for a number of different types of machines using PLCs and XG5000 software.
· Responsible for designing hardware components configuration for the system to meet specifications.
· Responsible for developing, commissioning, and rigorous testing of safety aspect of the PLC software.
· Collaborating with design engineers and management for designing and programming the HMI interface according to company standard layout.
· Collaborating with software and machine learning engineers for designing and programming the communication interface between PLCs, HMIs and backend software and vision systems.
· Involved in R&D for prospective projects and projects currently under development.
· Collaborating with in-house electricians and technicians for installation and commissioning of PLC and other systems components on machines during production.
· On site commissioning, testing and final configuration.
· On site operators training after commissioning, ensuring correct and safe use of deployed systems.
· Play key role in FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) tests.
· Work with clients to troubleshoot issues as they occur, this might require on site visits to high care production environments.
· Compliance to functional safety and standards.
· Effective in planning, setting up goals and objectives.
· Experienced in managing and handling pressure to meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at a detailed level with other team members.
· Liaising with Project management, Engineering and Installation Teams
· Liaising with End User / Customer on a technical level.
You’ll have a record of accomplishment in PLC software engineering and demonstrable industry knowledge of developing and executing code for PLC’s in an industrial automation environment, coupled with:
· Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline, with proven experience of working successfully in a similar role and working environment.
· Experienced in using PLCs and HMIs.
· Experienced using XG5000 software.
· Independent and self reliant, with the ability to work autonomously with little interference from management.
· Experienced with the full life cycle of PLC software development.
· Any experience in all or some of these areas are highly desirable:
· Programming language (particularly C++ and Python)
· Embedded systems
· Control systems
· Mechanical design basics
· Web development
Job Type: Permanent
If you think you have the right skills and experience to become a valued member of our team please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note we do not accept applications and queries from recruitment agencies for any of our roles.